CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Can't Believe I'm 50! :-(

If I Were Brave I Would Turn 50!---(Well actually I don’t really have a choice in the matter now do I?) 
If you live long enough I guess it is bound to happen.  I am not prepared for this!  I always thought that if I ever reached 50 I would know stuff... I would have life figured out. Help...I don’t know enough stuff! I now realize I have so much more to learn. 
pastedGraphic.pdf
I have tried to keep a sense of humor about the whole thing.  Here are some thoughts that have helped:
The 50-ish wife comes up to her husband and says, 'So, Harvey. What do you think of my new bra-less look? Does it make me look younger?' 
'It does!' Harvey says. 'It pulls all the wrinkles out of your face!'
 Perks of being over 50:
  1. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
  2. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
  3. You sing along with elevator music.
  4. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
  5. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
  6. People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
  7. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
  8. Things you buy now won't wear out.
  9. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
  10. You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.
  11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
  12. You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
  13. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
  14. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
  15. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
  16. Your eyes won't get much worse.
  17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
  18. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
  19.  In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first
  20. No one expects you to run~~~~~anywhere.
Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life. ~ Daniel Francois Esprit Auber
“Looking fifty is great if you’re sixty.” ~ Joan Rivers
"Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed." -          Charles M Schulz
"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at the age of 50,  - that a whole new life has opened before you." - Agatha Christie
--------
OK Here Goes....I’m jumping in...50 here I come..."Come What May And Love It!"

2 comments:

Alexis

those are some pretty good reasons why fifty is good! except number nine is a little disturbing.. haha!! ;)

Penny

Yes Lexie #9 is a little disturbing! xoxox Mom