CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Surprise!!! + 50 pairs of Socks!

I am not one who is a big fan of surprises.  Well, let me back up.  I like surprises as long as I am not the one being surprised.  Doesn't really sound fair I know but thats the way it is.  With my birthday rolling around and it being one that might have some traditional element of surprise attached to it I was on the look out.  First off I made Drew promise me he would not be involved in any kind of a surprise party for me.  Second I suggested we go to the cabin for the long weekend. Third I invited the Az kids to come along so I could keep my eye on them.  Drew seemed agreeable and the kids thought it would be fun to go to the mountains.  Then strange things started to happen.  I talked to Amanda and she said that she had Saturday off from school and was going to be in Cedar City all by herself for the long weekend, and not once did she beg me to let her come home---interesting.  I heard Drew in his office on the phone one day, after he had shut both doors, use the words cabins and surprise in his conversation. (I keep telling him he talks loud on the phone).  There were a few other things that happened and I had a pretty good idea that my Utah kids were coming to the cabin.  Actually it worked out great because I had as much fun preparing to have them there as they did planning to surprise me.  


After a couple of days for fun and togetherness, the big dreaded day finally arrived.  I woke up that morning and took inventory.  Well, I felt pretty much like I did the day before.  So far, so good.    The kid were out in the family room and kitchen doing something, I assumed they were cleaning the cabin and making me breakfast in bed. Nope!!!  When they invited me to join them I discovered what they had been up to.  50 pairs of socks were scattered all over the place. Hanging from the fan, the trees, light, and yes Mazie! 




 (A little explaining here--whenever the kids have asked me over the years what I want for Christmas, or Mothers Day or my Birthday I have always said, "Oh, a pair of socks would be nice"--well I guess they were tired of that answer!)  Back to my story,---I now spent the next few minutes gathering up all the socks because they had placed the real present inside a couple of the socks.  Thanks goodness Kylie was anxious to help me and soon I had a much appreciated gift card for dinner and a movie.  It was a very fun and unique way to start my day. 






The big surprise that I really didn't know about, was my friend Janece came from Utah and surprised me at the cabin on my birthday.  It was the best gift ever. She stayed for a few days and helped me ease into old age.  I am so blessed to have her as a friend.  She is amazing.  


I had a great birthday weekend.  I loved being with my family it was awesome.  My grandkids are the cutes ever and we all had a great time being together.   Thanks kids!!!







PS.  I have had fun wearing the socks to the gym in the mornings.  My favorite pair so far has little pink flamingos on them.  xoxox

1 comments:

Joanne

yea! glad to find you blogging! The not liking to be surprised,,,,all I can say is "You are your Mothers Daughter" sounds like a wonderful way to get old spending time with your kids.