CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Conference Weekend!

Easter from a few years ago!


What a great combination, Conference and Easter!  Now what would have been a really nice touch----warm spring like weather.  Oh well 2 out of 3 wasn’t too bad!   
Amanda has been after us to take her to conference for quite sometime.  We finally decided to try and make it happen for April.  After being blessed with tickets for both Saturday morning and afternoon sessions we made our way to Utah.  I always love to drive into the Salt Lake Valley and see those mountains.  Nothing is prettier--- I must admit I didn’t expect to seem them completely white!  We got in late and stayed at Drew’s brothers house and they left early Saturday morning to get to our seats.  Talk about a cold walk from the parking lot to the conference center...Arizona people are just not prepared for this kind of weather, and we never have warm enough coats IF we remember to bring them.  Even Amanda who has been living in Utah for the winter was complaining.  I must admit that even with the cold the city was beautiful and there was excitement in the air.  


I love being among 23,000 Latter-Day Saints excited and humbled to sit at the feet of the Prophet and Apostles. The conference center is always amazing and the spirit there is liquid.  My favorite part is sitting in the seats watching the place fill with people and then the hush take over and everyone stands and the Prophet walks in.  Its like The Spirit proceeds him into the room-and you are swimming in truth!  There is no words to describe hearing the Tab Choir sing and for that couple of hours the world is perfect!
Both sessions were amazing and we felt so blessed to have been able to be there in person. Not sure when I will be able to return to SLC but I love what is there.   We made our way back to St George on Saturday night to spend a little more time with the grandkids. We watched the Sunday morning session with Andrea and Jeremy and kids and then headed back to Az listening to the final session on the radio.
I am so grateful for a living prophet and to receive counsel from him and the Apostle every 6 months.  I can’t wait to get the Ensign in May so I can really study their words. What a blessing in this day and age to be guided by revelation.  I love the gospel and can’t imagine life without it. I am overwhelmed to think about the Savior this Easter Sunday and think of His gift of Resurrection and Atonement.  The magnitude of that gift is more that I can even wrap my head around.  I love Heavenly Father and trust in His plan.  

1 comments:

Rogers Family

That's so awesome. I'm glad that you got to be there! I loved conference. It seemed like every talk was meant just for me to hear. It was so neat having easter on conference weekend! Your family looks great!