CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who Doesn't Love Bright New Clothes?

Since I have turned 50 I have this urge to wear bright colors. Now why would that be?  I can't quite explain it.  When I was young I loved to wear bright colors.  In fact when Drew and I were dating I had this bright purple shirt with really loud flowers all over it.  He loved it. (Anyway that is what he told me.)   

About the last 10 years I have notice I have toned my wardrobe down to solid, darker colors for the most part.  I guess trying to look "put together" (hasn't worked), but I try.  I notice older women wearing really bright colors and I sometimes think it draws too much attention to them.  I guess  I think that if I stay a little "low key" others won't notice I am getting older.  

Well,  I was in a store a couple of weeks ago and saw this bright T-shirt and no matter what I did I could't resist. It has been hanging in my closet ever since and I have been trying to get the courage to wear it.  Today was the day...  I took a deep breath and put it on, looked in the mirror and thought...hey this doesn't look too bad.  I walked downstairs confidently and bless her heart my mother-in-law took one look at it and said, "What a beautiful shirt!" I thanked her kindly, smiled to myself and headed out the door to run some errands.  This might be the start of a whole new me!




Did I mentioned my mother-in-laws birthday is next month, she turns 84. 
If I were brave I would wear really bright colors and join the fun older crowd. 
They do look like they are having a good time. 

4 comments:

Drew Hansen

I like the shirt but I would have rather seen the head that goes on top. I love you!

The Felix Family

I just discovered you wrote on this!! I am very proud of you!! Your blog looks awesome!! I am excited to read everything you write. You are amazing!! I Love you!!
P.S.I agree with Dad, I love the shirt, but I was wondering where your head was.

Joanne

love the shirt!! I can almost see you smiling...........So glad I found your blog today.. am looking forward to checking it often....

Carla

Joanne told me about your blog. I've enoyed your stories & pictures. You DO NOT look 50!! You are terrific.