CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

28 Years of Amazing Sunsets!


Today is our 28th wedding anniversary. Could it really be that long? Some ways yes, some ways no! What I do know is that I can't imagine life without Drew. I remember laying on the back lawn of his parents house in Cedar City, before we were married, talking about what our life would be like in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years. We talked about where we would live, how many kids we would have, what Drew would be doing for a job, we talked of our hopes and dreams. Even 10 years down the road seems like forever, and here we are way past that.

These past 28 years have brought lots of laughter, and some tears, 6 amazing children, some now married to equally amazing spouses, they are working hard, and or going to school, planning and dreaming like we once did. We have 3 adorable grand kids and I pray lots more where they came from!!

Drew has worked hard all these years to provide for our
family and we have been so blessed. He has always provided me with a beautiful home, full of love and warmth, learning and growing. He has lead our family as a righteous Priesthood holder. He has made sure we have always had Family Home Evening, scripture study and family prayer. He has given more fathers blessings than I can count. Our weekly date night has happened without fail. Drew has wisely insisted on taking family vacations as often as possible and that has blessed us with amazing memories. I could go on and on.

Now I don't want to paint our marriage as perfect...I can assure you and my kids can back me up on this, we have had our challenges. Sometimes it takes hard work to become united especially when from two different backgrounds. Sometimes I think that one of us sees the sky as blue and the other one sees the sky as green, but after all these years of seeing in different colors we shared some pretty amazing sunsets.

Where will the next 5, 10 or even 20 years lead us, I don't know but I can honestly say that I pray they will all be shared with my best friend, partner, motorcycle nut and remote control collector. All I can say is that I love you "Dear" very much and I hope and pray we have many, many more years together and share many more amazing sunsets in the future. XOXOXOXOX Happy Anniversary! And thanks for the beautiful flowers!!

5 comments:

Joanne

I have such fond memories of your wedding, you two are a match made in heaven............

The Felix Family

I think one of the very best gifts parents can give a child is another anniversary. I am so grateful I had parents who never wavered in their love for each other and who also told us often how much they loved each other. I was always confident you would be together forever and I couldn't imagine anything greater then knowing that!! Thank you so much for your example!!

Ashley Bean
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Bean

I agree with Andrea, you two are such a great example to me. I am so grateful for you, love you!!

Wendi

Happy Belated Anniversary! Is it possible that you I've known you for 21 of those 28 years?

There are few people that I know as wonderful as you two Thank you for being such a great example and great friends to me!

I am so grateful for you and your family in my life! Thank you for all you have done for me, and for who you are! You have definitely helped shape my life!

Here's to many more great and wonderful years~ you deserve it!