I spent more years than I want to count thinking that if I was better, (pretend or real) Heavenly Father would love me more and to me that meant I could live with Him again. In my humanness I fell severely short in my attempts to be perfect and I lived in desperation and despair. When I finally understood that Heavenly Father loved me as His daughter no matter what I did I was stunned. Could that really be true? When the Spirit whispered “Yes” to me I was released from a self imposed prison and set free to learn about and use the Atonement with out shame of my own imperfections.
Now that certainly has not released me from doing my best, keeping my covenants, and enduring to the end. But I now understand what a blessing repentance is and I can go to Heavenly Father each time I make a mistake and know he will still love me. No matter what I have done. Satan wants me to think I can be so bad that there is no forgiveness.
I have also learned that the way the world works for me is if I make poor choices I am unhappy and if I make good choices I am happy. When I keep the commandments I find peace if I do not keep the commandments I will experience the consequences of that. This is not always immediate-the world seems at times to show just the opposite. We can always look around and see those who seem to be making poor choices and are happy. That happiness will only take them so far. Eventually it will catch up with them. Sometimes, sadly I am afraid the realization comes after Satan has them neatly tied up with flax cord. I can’t imagine living with out the “gift of the Holy Ghost” but I know millions live each day that way. Thank goodness everyone has the assurance of the light of Christ (conscience) but in the world today I fear that those ignoring this light is growing even more alarming. Darkness seems to be everywhere.
Many times in my life I have had no control over outside circumstances and those situations can bring unhappiness into my life, if I choose to let it. I have also learned that even in unpleasant circumstances, that are no fault of my own, if I turn to the Savior I can still find happiness and peace amidst the turmoil. (This is not an instant thing for me, I have to spend lots of time praying, and pondering and submitting my will) I do have my agency (choice) in any circumstances about how I feel. The Atonement heals everything!
Back to the original question...Can I Earn Heavenly Fathers Love? No...He love me without any effort on my part. He love me just because I am His child. What would the world be like if we had that same ability to love each other for no other reason than we are all children of Heavenly Father?
Back to the original question...Can I Earn Heavenly Fathers Love? No...He love me without any effort on my part. He love me just because I am His child. What would the world be like if we had that same ability to love each other for no other reason than we are all children of Heavenly Father?
I love that we are all on this journey together and also at different places along that journey and am blessed by what I learn from each of you along the way.




1 comments:
heartfelt post, I loved the message, it is true and you are beautiful, smart and a wonderful daughter of God, I AM SO BLESSED TO BE YOUR SISTER
Post a Comment