A few weeks ago I was trying to think of something to fix for dinner. I stood with my head in the refrigeration and looked at what was there. As I looked over the items I remembered a tasty little dish that I had as a kid. Now I am not sure who to give credit to for this little masterpiece, it could be Mom, my sisters or school lunch ladies, but anyway I decided to make the world famous..."Hot Dog Boats" Now they are not real complicated to make and please don't let the name fool you, they don't really float. I made them for dinner and they were a hit with my mother in law and for me they brought back lots of childhood memories. Lexie turned her noise up at them. I mentioned this great little meal to the other kids a few days later and they assured me that I had never made it for them. How sad, what kind of a Mother have I been?
I decided to make Hot Dog Boats for dinner tonight and put the recipe in my blog so anyone who would ever like to try this little piece of my childhood could have the opportunity.
Hot Dog Boats
Hot Dogs
Mashed Potatoes
Cheese
Cut the hot dogs open and lay opened. Place warmed up mash potatoes in nice little scoops on top. (I use the mash potatoes that you can buy and just warm up in the microwave) and then place a narrow slice of cheese on top. Bake at 375 until the cheese melts and the potatoes are hot. Then serve up this little piece of heaven!
Doesn't this look yummy?!



5 comments:
I actually made those a while back! I used to make them once in a while for my kids,one of the few things everyone would eat(I think) Ah the memories........
Those do look delish!! I think I may have to try them!
BEWARE!!
Carla makes those all the time!! I like them. Scott just scoops the potatoes off the hotdog and eats them seperately. By the way, I found your blog off Andrea's blog. It is fun to read the things you write. :)
I remember mom making hot dog boats - I loved them and haven't thought about them in years!
Post a Comment